The tiger is one of the biggest wild cats on earth. They symbolize courage, strength, grace and beauty. In this article, you will find a collection of 55 amazing tiger quotes that really capture your imagination.
Tigers are considered sacred and divine creatures in many cultures. According to Hindu mythology, the tiger serves as the vehicle of goddess Durga at the time of battle.
Besides their spiritual importance, they also play a significant role in maintaining the biodiversity of an ecosystem.
As an apex predator, the tiger sits at the top of the food chain. They have no natural predators, but they remain vulnerable to poaching and human interference.
Below is a list of some of the best tiger quotes. Go through and pick your favourite quote.
jump over to a section you like.
- Short Quotes About Tigers
- Fierce And Powerful Tiger Quotes
- Inspirational Tiger Quotes
- Tiger Quotes on Life
- Famous Tiger Quotes
- Funny Quotes
- More Quotes About Tigers
List of The 55 Best Tiger Quotes
Short Quotes About Tigers
1. “If you rile a tiger, he’s going to show his claws.” — Rob James-Collier
2. “The tiger is humbled by memories of prey.” — Steven Erikson
3. “There is no off switch on a tiger.” — German Proverb
4. “A wounded tiger is a dangerous beast.” — Arthur Golden
5. “The most magnificent creature in the entire world, the tiger is.” — Jack Hanna
6. “A writer’s promise is like a tiger’s smile.” — Lytton Strachey
7. “A tiger does not shout its tigritude, it acts.” — Wole Soyinka
8. “Don’t be a tiger’s head with a snake’s tail.” — Chinese Proverb
9. “I like to be a tiger roaming the jungle or an eagle soaring the skies.” — Sol Campbell
10. “The long-run is what puts the tiger in the cat.” — Bill Squires
11. “I’ve often felt that the Indian tiger has not been unleashed.” — Ratan Tata
Fierce And Powerful Tiger Quotes
12. “There is nothing like the thrill of walking through the jungle looking for a tiger and knowing they could be watching you already.” — Ashlan Gorse Cousteau
13. “No man can tame a tiger into a kitten by stroking it.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
14. “It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers, any more than it is to make sheep ferocious.” — Henry David Thoreau
15. “If we choose to walk into a forest where a tiger lives, we are taking a chance.” — Peter Benchley
16. “An infallible method of conciliating a tiger is to allow oneself to be devoured.” — Konrad Adenauer
17. “One may ride upon a tiger’s back but it is fatal to dismount.” — Ernest Bramah
18. “When two tigers fight, one is certain to be maimed, and one to die.” — Gichin Funakoshi
19. “A tiger keeps no friends. It’s too dangerous.” — Aravind Adiga
20. “The tiger will see you a hundred times before you see him once.” — John Vaillant
Inspirational Tiger Quotes
21. “Our noblest hopes grow teeth and pursue us like tigers.” — John Gardner
22. “If your mind becomes calm, you can think in front of a tiger. If you can think in front of a tiger, you will surely succeed.” — Mencius
23. “Better to live one year as a tiger, than a hundred as sheep.” — Madonna
24. “The tiger lies low not from fear, but for aim.” — Sherrilyn Kenyon
25. “Tiger watches and hunts; whereas, hyenas wait and wait, for their time, to reach rubbish left by the tiger; similarly, the fools wait, not the wise ones.” — Ehsan Sehgal
26. “I feel like a tiger right now. There’s nothing impossible if you get up and work for it.” — Michael Flatley
27. “A tiger does not ignore or slight any small animal. The way he catches a mouse and catches and devours a cow are the same.” — Shunryu Suzuki
28. “A man’s good name is as precious to him as its skin is to a tiger.” — Japanese Proverb
29. “To say a tiger is an “outside” animal is an understatement that is best appreciated when a tiger is inside.” — John Vaillant
Tiger Quotes on Life
30. We are all a tiger with feelings. An elephant who never forgets. We are tiger, panther, monkey – we are all of these things, all of the life rhythms. — Ruby Dee
31. “Life goes on and you don’t touch tigers.” — Yann Martel
32. “Life is a tiger you have to grab by the tail, and if you don’t know the nature of the beast it will eat you up.” — Stephen King
33. “The human race’s prospects of survival were considerably better when we were defenceless against tigers than they are today when we have become defenceless against ourselves.” — Arnold J. Toynbee
34. “The tiger’s world, by contrast, is not only amoral but peculiarly consequence-free, and this-the atavistic certainty that there is nothing more lethal than itself-is the apex predator’s greatest weakness.” — John Vaillant
Famous Tiger Quotes
35. “A tiger never returns to his prey he did not finish off.” — Chinese Proverb
36. “If tigers could write books, they would say, the man was created for them and that man is a most sinful animal because he does not allow him to catch him easily.” — Swami Vivekananda
37. “He who rides the tiger finds it difficult to dismount.” — Chinese proverb
38. “A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.” — Ziad K. Abdelnour
39. “When a man wants to murder a tiger he calls it a sport. When a tiger wants to murder him he calls it ferocity.” — George Bernard Shaw
40. “Some days you tame the tiger, and some days the tiger has you for lunch.” — Tug McGraw
41. “Do not blame God for having created the tiger, but thank him for not having given it wings.” — Indian proverb
42. “If you want to kick the tiger in his back you’d better have a plan for dealing with his teeth.” — Tom Clancy
43. “The impact of an attacking tiger can be compared to that of a piano falling on you from a second-story window.” — John Vaillant
44. “Just like a kitten that thinks it’s a tiger.” — Stephenie Meyer
45. “Appeasers believe that if you keep on throwing steaks to a tiger, the tiger will become a vegetarian.” — Heywood Broun
46. “I call myself a blind man riding on a blind tiger.” — Jack Ma
47. “Being a president is like riding a tiger. A man has to keep on riding or he is swallowed.” — Harry S. Truman
More Quotes About Tigers
48. “No one can walk beneath palm trees with impunity, and ideas are sure to change in a land where tigers are at home.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
49. “If a tiger can poach on another’s territory, it probably will, and so, of course, will we. A key difference, however, is that tigers only take what they need.” — John Vaillant
50. “Tigers, except when wounded or when man-eaters, are on the whole very good-tempered.” — Jim Corbett
51. “The one certainty in tiger tracks is: follow them long enough and you will eventually arrive at a tiger, unless the tiger arrives at you first.” — John Vaillant
52. “A tiger can smile, a snake will say it loves you. Lies make us evil.” — Chuck Palahniuk
53. “You may, if you like, free a tiger from his bars; but do not free him from his stripes.” — Gilbert K. Chesterton
54. “The tiger is a bellwether—one of the thousands of similarly vulnerable species, which are, at once, casualties of our success and symbols of our failure.” — John Vaillant
55. “We would be better off thinking of nature as a tiger than as a docile and compliant automaton that can never threaten our survival.” — Bruno Latour
Check out our other articles on quotes.
- 101 Beautiful Quotes For Nature Lovers.
- 77 Short Flower Quotes You’ll Surely Love.
- 91 Most Beautiful And Inspirational Waterfall Quotes.
If this post inspired you to see the majestic tigers in the wild then you might want to read some of these blogs.
- 12 Best Places To Sight Tigers in India.
- The Ultimate Guide To Tadoba National Park.
- Corbett National Park – Travel Guide.
- Kanha National Park and Tiger Reserve – Treasures of Wildlife.
- Bandhavgarh National Park – Travel Guide.
Over To You Now…
So, this was our pick of the interesting tiger quotes. We hope you liked the quotes and graphics too. Which is your favourite quote from this collection? Tell us in the comments below.